This summer, think about doing some cleaning and organizing in your house. A little effort goes a long way in making your home a more comfortable and personalized place to live….
Tips For Cleaning Your Home This Summer
- Reduce clutter – When you leave a lot of stuff sitting around it attracts dust and allergens which can make be bad for aesthetics and your health. You can reduce clutter by telling your children to put their toys back in their place after they have finished playing with them and by putting dirty clothes in the hamper so they can be easily taken to the washer.
- Stop dirt at the door – One of the best things that you can do to keep your house clean is to stop dirt from getting inside. Try putting a rug or doormat at your door so people can wipe their feet before they walk in your home. Protect your floors and carpets by adding a little stomper for people to use before entering your home.
- Leave doors open – Let the air in! Try leaving your shower doors or curtains open so that walls can air dry. You can also spray your bathroom walls with mildew protectant after you take a shower to prevent mildew and so you don’t have to scrub it off later.
- Quick clean-ups – It sounds basic, but try cleaning up crumbs and leftover food, right after you make your meals or eat your food. This will reduce the time that you spend cleaning dishes. Try getting your kids to help with cleaning chores. This will teach them to be responsible and it everything will get done faster, if you work as a team.
- Clean clothes stains promptly – The faster you try to clean some stains on your clothes the more likely you’ll be able to get it out. If you leave your clothes there and don’t take the stain off promptly, it could stay on them forever or become a hassle to clean.
So try using some of your free time this summer, for making your home look cleaner and nicer. It is really easier than you think and it will make you feel great.